Activities during Etna 0-3000 competitions
You arrive in Sicily for competitions and you need transfers, accommodation and you want to know what to see in Sicily. We have selected the adapted excursions and services for your stay on the Etna volcano.
The companions can follow the athletes during the competition on part of the course, visit the craters of the 2002 eruption or fly over the area with the helicopter and see the summit of Etna.
1) Hike with a guide to follow the athletes on volcanic soil
During the day of the competitions our multilingual guides will be at your disposal to accompany you on the hiking trails of the volcano. The start of the Etna tour with guide will be from Piano Provenzana, on the northern slope of the volcano.
If you want to follow the athletes during the race, discover the side craters and the lava flows of Mount Etna, this excursion is for you.
It is an easy hike, about 4 km with 200 meters of elevation gain, the duration will be about 2 hours. You will see the craters of the 2002-2003 eruption. Breathtaking views await you.
The multilingual volcanologist guide (from the regional college of mountain guides in Sicily) will describe the landscapes of the volcano, the eruptive history and the characteristics of Mount Etna.
The price is 30€/person. Groups will be made up of 12 to 20 participants maximum. Maximum altitude 2200 meters. Reservations are required at least 1 week in advance.
2) Etna helicopter tour during the super marathon
The flight departs from the coast of the Ionian Sea, flying over the routes of the "Etna 0-3000" race. You will see the summit craters of Etna and you will do a full tour of the volcano in about 30 minutes.
What you will see: it’s a full helicopter tour around the volcano to the top. View of the famous "Valle del Bove" which runs along the eastern slope of Mount Etna.
The flight can be affected by weather conditions and volcanic activity. These natural events can modify the normal flight plan. The pilot will choose the best route accordingly.
- The price is 300€/person for a group flight (minimum number of participants: 4).
- The price is 1300€ in total for a private flight.
Advance reservations are required at least 1 week in advance.
3) Other visits and services
- Transfer services for all your trips to Sicily
- Excursions on Etna, choose your excursion on the Etna volcano.
- Sicily tours, discover our island with our guided tours.
Azienda Amica Etna Trail
"Azienda Amica Etna Trail" is an ambitious project developed by Etna Trail with the aim of combining economic, entrepreneurial, tourist and accommodation activities on the northern slope of Etna with initiatives aimed at supporting sports tourism linked to the use of Etna by promoting and carrying out Trail-related events (running and walking on trails with steep slopes).
Contact us for more information. We will be delighted to meet you. Our team is at your disposal and accompanies you to make your stay in Sicily an unforgettable experience.
Etna Super Marathon 0-3000 June 12, 2021
Etna Trail A.S.D. based in Linguaglossa, affiliated to ACSI 8870 is organizing, in collaboration with the regional committee of ACSI, for Saturday June 13, 2020 the ETNA Super Marathon "from zero to 3000", it is a mixed road / all-terrain race (ACSI-FIDAL agreement) event already sent to the FIDAL regional committee.
Sports competitions offered for the 0> 3000
- 43 km mixed road / all-terrain race with 3000 mt of elevation gain (33.5 km on asphalt and 9.5 km on land). The race will be combined with the attribution of the qualification of "Super-Finisher" to all the athletes who, after the competition, will descend on Piano Provenzana.
- Road race over a distance of 33.5 km and 1800 m E + (33.5 km on asphalt).
- 14.5 km race including a climb on a dirt road for 9.5 km and a descent on a sandy path for 5 km, with a height difference of +/- 1000 mt.
- Relay race, male or female.
When registering, it is necessary to identify the participants in the corresponding fraction: 1st - 2nd - 3rd. The mixed relay team will be considered as a man.
The team will be composed of three athletes who will share the distance in relay mode according to the following fractions: 1st fraction: up to 18 km, 2nd fraction: from 18 ° km to 33 ° km, 3rd fraction: from 33 ° km to the finish (43 ° km).
#Etna #Sicile #SuperMaratonaEtna #EtnaTrail #Etna3340